Monday, September 10, 2012

Board Game

Part of a group project I did that consisted of making a board game. Aside from the actual board and card designs, I also sculpted the game pieces (not shown here).







here's some stuff from Sophomore year. These are the components I made for a boardgame in one of my group classes. It was loads of fun to work on, and being a fan of board games, I always wanted to make my own. I also sculpted the player pieces, which were monsters based off of things like the yeti, Medusa, audrey II, a slime, and some things off my own brain. The basic premise of the game was to systematically scare your opponents off the board and be the last monster standing. There were "action" spaces that would give you certain effects, card spaces that gave you cards to use on yourself or your opponent, and a two tier board for an added layer of strategy. There were three types of areas as well, that helped certain monsters. Complicated? Maybe! But it was fun.  The setting of the game was based around the idea that people are no longer on earth, and these monsters are what roam around.

I'll post some pictures of the final results later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment