Monday, September 10, 2012

Authors


CLIVE BARKER





SUZANNE COLLINS



NEIL GAIMAN






TERRY PRATCHET







J.K. ROWLING







ok, so this is a big post. Basically, I wanted to do a couple portraits of some contemporary fantasy authors. They aren't finished, but it's also my first attempt to color entirely in photoshop ( half of the project was done with a friggin mouse.... don't ask why. sometimes I like to torture myself). I didn't end up doing the Susan Collins portrait, because I got too many comments that it was similar to the cover of "Secret of Kells" and "Lord of the Flies'  and because it just didn't fit into the compositions of the others. Each Portrait is done in a complimentary color scheme because I thought it would be fun to try to define the mood of an author's work with simple color schemes.

They need a lot of work still, but I'll be getting photoshop for my tablet soon, so I should be able to noodle these out with a good day or two of work. I might still play with the colors and compositions more, Rowling is a bit too bubble gummy, Pratchett reads a bit gray, Barker too christmassy, and Gaimen could use some more contrast.  

No comments:

Post a Comment